Sr. Quality Engineer (main focus on Filtration Design, Test & MFG.)
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with the quality and engineering departments reviewing newly released drawings, repeat order drawings and working closely with customers to determine their needs and expectations as well as creating quality documentation to help with the production of products determine the Root Cause, implementing effective Corrective Actions for Ejay Filtration’s products and services; recommending process improvements and reducing cost-of-poor-quality (COPQ) & supporting the Quality Management System (QMS) as required by the ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
Quality Engineer – responsible for assisting customers with technical inquiries and product support, such as filter sizing, filter recommendations and product information. The primary focus is on new opportunities – coordination and providing technical responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) along with:
- Completing Technical Proposals, produce and write QTP’s (Qualification Test Plan) and or ATP’s (Acceptance Test Procedure), support Sales efforts by handling customer inquiries and providing product and technical support.
- Coordinate and resolve customer product issues
- Well versed in the activities needed to support design, development, and manufacturing in accordance with accepted standards
- Must possess good Problem-Solving skills to develop, capture, and implement statistical processes to promote reduction in COPQ.
- Ability to interpret customer quality requirements and product drawings, schematics, specifications, DoD DFAR and FAR requirements, etc.
- Ability to read, and understand Engineering drawings including GD&T
- Team focused with the ability to participate in and/or lead cross-function teams
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Professional stature with strong oral presentation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Supports the effectiveness of the Quality Management System, certified to the ISO 9001 and AS9100D standards, including audits, MRB, CAB, management review and related tasks
- Design, implement and evaluate quality assurance processes and sampling techniques.
- Observes processes/operations for newly designed part/assemblies, dispositions nonconforming findings, when required changes drawing to match the finish part/assembly.
- Review, create and verify work order release packages with accuracy and consistency
- Conduct Quality Assurance Planning to define and document how the requirements for quality will be met for customer requirements including defining inspection criteria instructions and inspection points for products.
- Lead and/or participate in customer complaints, failure analysis of returned product, and quality issues resulting in stop ship or stop Production.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain to coordinate supplier corrective actions and leading supplier quality improvements.
- Conduct training on Quality Assurance concepts, tools and methodologies as required.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Min. (5) years of Quality Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment is required.
- Previous experience with quality concepts, metrics and problem-solving methodologies, including Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Quality, Engineering Quality and the ability to review and check internal created drawings against customer drawings. CAD experience. Corrective and Preventative Action processes, COPQ reduction, MRB Experience.
- Extensive experience in the use of the Microsoft Office suite in generating professional documents and reports.
- Experience in implementing process improvements utilizing various quality initiatives i.e. 6-Sigma, Green Belt a plus.
Degree in Engineering or related technical field preferred. 7 plus years of quality engineering or a combination of education and experience. Design Engineering a plus.
Education & Experience
- Autonomy- Ability to assume own responsibilities and to work with minimal supervision. Encompasses the ability to exercise considerable latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment in order to achieve objectives
- Team Work- Strong ability to collaborate with others and to be a member of a team, while being respectful of other team members in order to reach department and company deadlines and goals
- Continuous Improvement- Ability to identify improvement opportunities, manage performance indicators and solve problems by accurately following the principles of continuous improvement
- Partnership- Ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships, partnerships or networks of contacts with people who can contribute to achieving objectives
- Decision Making-Ability to take measures, in a timely manner, to solve problems involving various levels of complexity.
- Proficient in the use of computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.