Sr. Filter Design Engineer
Ejay Filtration is seeking a “Senior Filter Design Engineer” with background experience in either Project Engineering and or design Engineering.
You’ll support the demands of our Commercial, Industrial and Military Aircraft products; working with management, internal and external customers to ensure that the product requirements are being met.
This role will give you the chance to take your leadership skills to a new level. Although Ejay Filtration is a small company you will have the opportunity to work independently and also lead others. Using your engineering filter expertise, you’ll be a key contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development and testing of complex hardware and filter media (Stainless Steel, Woven Wire Mesh).
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
Senior Filter Design Engineer – responsible for assisting customers with technical inquiries and product support, such as filter sizing, filter recommendations and product information. The primary focus is on new opportunities – coordination and providing technical responses to Requests for Information (RFI),
- Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) along with:
- Completing Technical Proposals, produce and write QTP’s (Qualification Test Plan) and or ATP’s (Acceptance Test Procedure), support Sales efforts by handling customer inquiries and providing product and technical support.
- Coordinate and resolve customer product issues
- Provide Customer feedback to Sales and Manufacturing personnel
- Travel occasionally with Sales personnel to provide technical support
- Draft scale drawings of each part/assembly, delineating contours and dimensions for manufacture of the part/assemble
- Observes processes/operations for newly designed part/assemblies, dispositions non-conforming findings, when required changes drawing to match the finish part/assembly.
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing processes and practices
- Creation of detail and assembly drawing, to include drafting of BOM’s and Manufacturing Processes in accordance with established standards
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Review and modify designs to reduce production deficiencies
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Coordinate with other colleagues regarding complex drawings
- Review, create and verify work order release packages with accuracy and consistency
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Engineer in the Aerospace Industry, 2 in a lead role
- Willingness to travel at least 3 times a year
- Well versed in AutoCad, Solidworks and Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software; Demonstration of abilities will be required
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, correspondence and produce manuals, QTP’s & ATP’s
- Knowledge of ISO9001; AS9100
- US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects
- Ability to perform tolerance studies, verify dimensions of parts/assemblies, delineating contours and dimensions for manufacture of the part/assembly
- Ability to perform internal audits of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes in order to determine sequence and number of operational steps that will be required to produce a complete part/assembly, based on knowledge of machining operations, production processes and equipment
Education & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in a filter or fluid engineering discipline, Aerospace Industry a plus
- The ability to lead a project through, exceptional communication and planning skills
- Possess strong Aerospace background with a focus upon Product Design and Development
- Relevant industry experience working from design conception through development and beyond